What is Total Solane?
Total Solane is a range of high purity hydrocarbon solvents with many uses including:
- Cleaning products
A major use of the Total Solane range is for contact adhesives, pressure-sensitive adhesives (PSAs) and hot-melt PSAs, formulated to provide excellent performance while being safe for people and the environment. By Total Special Fluids and part of the Adhesive & Sealant range.
What are solvents for adhesives used for?
Solvents for adhesives are used to dissolve binders and polymers, making them stronger-bonding and easier to apply. Manufacturers across the automotive, wood and timber, furnishing, leather and footwear, packaging, construction and electronics industries use this type of solvent to make their finished products.
What are the advantages of Total Solane solvents?
Solane solvents provide a raft of benefits for users, saving time and money and improving the safety of operations.
- Extensive range - The Solane range comprises 13 products covering a variety of applications, ensuring all needs are met.
- Exceptional performance – All Solane products are manufactured to ensure completely consistent and reliable performance.
- Safe for staff – Formulated with extremely low levels of aromatics (<20ppm), benzene (<5ppm) and sulphur (<1ppm) to protect workers from harm.
- Due to the patented Total Hydro DeAromatisation (HDA) process used to make these products they are extremely pure, chemically stable and have a relatively low odour.
- Exceeds regulations – Solane products meet and exceed all regulations without reductions in effectiveness.
Total Solane product specification
The Solane range of products consists of hydrocarbons with five to ten carbon atoms and a distillation range between 30-160°C. They cover a very wide range of uses:
- Solane Isohexane – Adhesives, extracting agents, aerosols and synthesis.
- Solane Hexane - Extraction of oil from oil seeds for the food and perfume industries, rendering, adhesives and polymerisation.
- Solane Heptane - Glues, adhesives, tyres and cleaning products.
- Solane 60 – 95 - Glues, stain removal and adhesives.
- Solane 70 – 95 - Cleaning products, rubbers and adhesives.
- Solane 80 – 110 - Chemical synthesis, paints, coatings, glues, adhesives and rubbers.
- Solane 100 – 120 - Tyres, rubbers and adhesives.
- Solane 100 – 140 - Tyres, rubbers and adhesives.
- Solane 100 – 155 - Tyres, rubbers and adhesives.
- Solane Cyclopentane - Aerosols, adhesives, synthetic resins and foams.
- Solane Cyclohexane - Chemistry, pharmaceuticals, nylons, adipic acids and caprolactam.
- Solane Methyl Cyclohexane - Paints, coatings, adhesives, chemical industry, pharmaceuticals and rubber.
Total Solane Safety Data Sheets
For more in-depth information on the Solane range, including molecular content, viscosity, flash points and more, please consult the Safety Data Sheets here.
The Solane range provides exceptional performance for solvent manufacturers across a wide range of industries and sectors. For more information on how they can benefit your business, please contact our team.