Total BioLife renewable and biodegradable isoparaffins bring sustainable performance to industries in need of solvents and special fluids.
The next generation of isoalkanes, environmentally friendly BioLife products are created entirely from biomass. They outperform traditional fluids in terms of efficiency, sustainability, and safety, making it simpler for manufacturers to meet their legal and ethical obligations – without sacrificing production.
Renewable isoalkanes for every industry
BioLife products are used across an extensive range of sectors and applications:
- paints & coatings
- personal care
- home care
- heat transfer media
- hydraulic fluids
- metal working fluids
BioLife product benefits
Created using TotalEnergies patented technology, BioLife products are formed from 100% renewable hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO). They present several exceptional benefits:
- effective in extreme temperatures – pour point down to -80°C, flash point up to 150°C
- safe for workers and the environment – hydro de-aromatisation (HDA) technology and narrow-cut distillations allow for 10 to 15-times lower aromatics content*, 300-times lower polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon (PAH) content, and 3 to 15-times lower benzo(a)pyrene eq content compared to traditional products.
- reduced CO2 emissions balance - 1.4 times lower compared to traditional products
- readily biodegradable – according to marine water OECD 306 guidelines (Global Harmonized System)
- certified sustainable under the ISCC plus standard
- registered under the European Community’s REACH regulations
*compared to most standard dearomatized products
Explore the BioLife range
BioLife products help to reduce carbon footprints across a range of sectors. View technical data sheets below.
Lubricants and metal working fluids: Berylane BioLife range
Improved flash points and viscosity ensuring performance across multiple industries.
Printing Inks: Scriptane BioLife range
Mineral oil-free inks for the print industry
Home care, paints and coatings: Isane BioLife range
Exceptional thermal and hydrolytic stability for paints and coatings.
With BioLife, there is no need to sacrifice performance for sustainability. Whatever your business, Total UK’s experts are on hand to help ensure you are supplied with premium-quality fluids, when you need them, for the best possible price. Contact our team today.